Clergy for Reproductive Justice
As people of faith, we of the PA Religious Coalition for Reproductive Justice stand in opposition to Texas S.B. 8 and its radical ban on safe legal abortions, and we will vigorously oppose any other state legislation that seeks to ban safe legal abortions.
We join with Planned Parenthood, Catholics for Choice, the National Council of Jewish Women, the Unitarian Universalist Association, the United Church of Christ, UUJusticePA, and the Religious Coalition for Reproductive Choice in concern for the harm this abortion ban will cause. Its damage to many Texans, particularly for Black, Latino, indigenous people, immigrants, those with low incomes, and Texans in rural areas includes unconscionable barriers to their health care needs.
We are alarmed that the Supreme Court has chosen to let this ban stand. It flies in the face of constitutional protections that have been in place for many decades.
Our thoughts and prayers are with pregnant people and their families who will be blocked from health care they seek in concert with their faith traditions and the doctors they choose to provide that care. We are in fear for the promise that freedom of religion sets forth in the U.S. Constitution.
These signatures represent the position of the individual clergy and faith leaders who have signed on in support. The congregations and/or organizations are shown for identification purposes only.
- Rabbi Dr. Audrey Korotkin, Temple Beth Israel, Altoona
- Rev Dr Marvin A Marsh, American Baptist Churches, USA
- The Rev. Sarah L Weedon, Episcopal Priest in the Diocese of Central PA
- Chaplain James Cavenaugh, Unitarian Church of Harrisburg
- Barbara Pearce, Unitarian Church of Harrisburg
- Osho Andrea Minick Rudolph, Oryoki Zendo, Harrisburg
- Rev. Naomi Washington-Leapheart
- The Fellowship of Affirming Ministries
- Rabbi Hava L. Pell, RRA
- Rev. Dr. John Fordon, Unitarian Universalist Minister, Retired, Harrisburg
- Rev. Dr. Vincent Kolb, Sixth Presbyterian Church, Pittsburgh
- Rev. Beverly Dale, the Incarnation Institute for Sex & Faith, Philadelphia
- Rabbi Maurice Harris – Reconstructing Judaism, Wyncote
- Rev. Israel Buffardi, Unitarian Universalist Church of Lancaster
- The Rev. Anjel Scarborough, Rector of All Saints Episcopal Church, Hershey
- Rev. Caitlin Werth, PCUSA pastor, Pittsburgh
- Rev. Kristina Church, Unitarian Universalist Congregation of Erie
- Rev. Elizabeth Michael Ross, Community of Reconciliation Church, Pittsburgh
- Rabbi Carl Choper, Temple Beth Shalom, Mechanicsburg
- Rev Karie Charlton, Third Presbyterian Church, Pittsburgh
- Rev John Ward-Diorio, St. Paul's United Church of Christ, Mechanicsburg
- Rabbi Ariana Capptauber, Beth El Temple, Harrisburg
- Rev. Thomas A. Sweet, Market Square Presbyterian Church, Harrisburg
- Rev. Jen Raffensperger, Unitarian Universalist Congregation of York, York
- Rev. Eva O'Diam, Dover United Church of Christ, Dover
- Rev. Dr. Tracy Sprowls, Unitarian Universalist Fellowship of Centre County, State College
- Rev. Joan Sabatino, Executive Director, UUJusticePA